Sunday, January 26, 2014

Welcome to my Blog!



“We are not what we know but what we are willing to learn.” 
Mary Catherine Bateson

I have created this blog to chronicle my journey of learning about Assistive Technology, with an emphasis on Universal Design for Learning (UDL) for a graduate course. As a lover of learning, it is my hope that with the knowledge gained from this class, I can be an empowered educator prepared to serve students with special education services to be successful in and out of the classroom. As an aspiring educator, I am hoping this class will help me develop a better understanding of the tools needed to guide me through the challenges that I will encounter. 

Throughout this course, I will be empowering myself through the journey of learning by using tools such as the textbook (Assistive Technology in the Classroom by Amy Dell), this blog, and communication with my peers.  I am looking forward to learning about Assistive Technology and completing this journey with my peers. 

I hope you enjoy this journey of learning!

The first blog will introduce Universal Design for Learning (UDL), which seeks to make curriculum content available to all students.  UDL will be a prominent concept discussed throughout may posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment