Monday, March 31, 2014

KidBlog


KidBlog is designed for Kindergarten to 12th grade teachers who wants to provide each student with an individual blog.  KidBlog empowers teachers to embrace the benefits of the coming digital revolution in education. KidBlog motivates students to write and gives students' writing meaningful purpose.  Students publish posts and participate in academic discussions within a secure classroom blogging community. KidBlog can be used to create classroom discussion, learn digital citizenship, practice writing skills, create an e-portfolio  reflect on learning and formatively assess writing. 

This tool would be beneficial for all different learner challenges including ADHD, autism, and learning disabilities such as dyslexia.  

KidBlog can be used to submit homework assignments, complete writing tasks, and create online classroom community discussion boards about pertinent classroom topics. The software is very user-friendly for teachers, in that it provides teachers complete control over student blogging.  KidBlog is very student-friendly with no advertising, easy login menus, clutter-free design, and simple navigation links. And best of all, there's a FREE subscription option, with options to upgrade at a low cost! 

I created a free KidBlog class, which was super easy to do and navigate through to add students, change settings and manage storage space. I think this tool would be great for 2nd graders and older, and is something I will definitely consider utilizing! 

The next post will take a look at another great tool for instruction in the classroom! 




Sources:

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of kidblog. In our second article critique, I spoke about blogging and students and its power. Now, I have a great and safe place for my students to blog. Thanks for sharing kidblog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome idea! As a student, I find it hard to blog simply because I tend to write 'just the facts', rather than my opinions and what works best for me. If I had been exposed to blogging as I was younger, I think it would have made it easier for me now. I will definitely use this in my classrooms!

    ReplyDelete