Monday, March 31, 2014

AT for Reading Webinar


I listened to a webinar about Assistive Technology for Reading to help students with reading disabilities. The webinar was presented by Shonda Golden, who game many great resources and ideas to help students with learning challenges. I learned the differences and usefulness of text readers and screen readers. I also learned that a great source for electronic books is www.bookshare.org. BookShare is an accessible on-line library in which schools with students who have IEPs can have a free membership. 

As an elementary teacher, I am faced with students who not only have reading challeneges but are emerging readers. This webinar gave me some tools to use in the classroom that were informative and helpful. 


Source:

No comments:

Post a Comment